Orbit blocks™ are a no-compromise product range developed to meet the demands and expectations of the very dedicated and increasingly professional racing sailor. Side cheeks incorporating head structure and hub are precision machined as a single part from solid alloy, leaving material only where it contributes to the load carrying capacity of the block and eliminating the need for additional fasteners.
The Orbit sheave has captive acetal or Torlon® ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and allows for a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles – achieving a substantially higher strength-to-weight ratio.Halyard blocks are used in applications with a fixed line entry-angle to keep lines close to the deck as they lead aft to organisers and winches. Halyard block has a removable pin for attachment to deck padeyes or mast collar.
|Sheave Ø||75 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||14 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||– mm|
|Pin Ø||10.0* mm|
|B. L.||4500 kg|
- Primary mainsheet, halyard and spinnaker systems on boats to 14m (46ft)
- Secondary mainsheet, vang blocks on boats to 15m (50ft)
- Standard and running backstay systems on boats to 12m (40ft)
- General control line and lead block applications on larger yachts
- Fully machined Alloy cheek plates
- Alloy sheaves with captive ball races
- Torlon® needle rollers
- Carbon black Acetal ball bearings