Orbit blocks™ are a no-compromise product range developed to meet the demands and expectations of the very dedicated and increasingly professional racing sailor.
Side cheeks incorporating head structure and hub are precision machined as a single part from solid alloy, leaving material only where it contributes to the load carrying capacity of the block and eliminating the need for additional fasteners.
The Orbit sheave has captive acetal or Torlon® ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and allows for a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles – achieving a substantially higher strength-to-weight ratio.
|Sheave Ø||150 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||24 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||mm|
|Pin Ø||16.0 mm|
|B. L.||18000 kg|
- Mainsheet and genoa sheet systems on boats to 25m (82ft)
- Spinnaker systems, halyards on boats to 28m (92ft)
- Running backstay systems on fractionally rigged boats to 20m (65ft) or 25m (82ft) masthead
- Fully machined Alloy cheek plates
- Alloy sheaves with captive ball races
- Torlon® needle rollers
- Carbon black Acetal ball bearings