Orbit blocks™ are a no-compromise product range developed to meet the demands and expectations of the very dedicated and increasingly professional racing sailor. Side cheeks incorporating head structure and hub are precision machined as a single part from solid alloy, leaving material only where it contributes to the load carrying capacity of the block and eliminating the need for additional fasteners.
The Orbit sheave has captive acetal or Torlon® ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and allows for a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles – achieving a substantially higher strength-to-weight ratio.
The stand-up Orbit blocks are supplied with stainless steel padeyes and rubber support bases.
|Sheave Ø||60 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||12 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||– mm|
|Pin Ø||– mm|
|B. L.||4000 kg|
- Primary mainsheet, halyard and spinnaker systems on boats to 12m (40ft)
- Secondary mainsheet, vang systems on boats to 14m (46ft)
- Standard and running backstay systems on boats to 10m (33ft)
- General control line and lead block applications on larger yachts
- Fully machined Alloy cheek plates
- Alloy sheaves with captive ball races
- Torlon® needle rollers
- Carbon black Acetal ball bearings
- Grade 316 stainless steel head post